Popularly known as the “land of sun”, Fortaleza is one of the most beautiful towns and bustling of the northeastern Brazil. The tropical climate with an average temperature of 26.5 ° C makes this summer almost all year. Located opposite the beach of Iracema, with the “foot in the sand,” the Carmel Magna Praia Hotel is within easy reach of the main tourist attractions of the capital.
– Fair on the beach: one of the most traditional places to visit, the fair starts at dusk with hundreds of small stalls arranged on the sidewalk on the Beira Mar Avenue. Among the diversity of regional products, we find crafts, hammocks, clothing, typical food and drinks;
– Dragão do Mar Cultural Center: a meeting place that brings together theater, cinema, national and international shows, art exhibitions, the Cearense culture museum, planetarium, among others. Around, are neoclassical mansions accommodating bars with live music, restaurants and nightclubs;
– Central Market: as well as the fair in the sea, is one of the places that offer regional products, such as lace, hats, bed and bath parts, clothing, souvenirs, typical food and drinks. Located in downtown Fortaleza, it is the largest of the northeast market;
– Fortaleza’s Cathedral: it is one of the main historical monuments of Fortaleza. Located in the center of the city, it is a Catholic temple with towers reaching up to 75 meters, capable of comodar up to 5 thousand people. Built in Gothic-Roman style, with beautiful stained glass windows, it is the third largest in Brazil;
– English pier: also known as Metal Bridge, located on Iracema Beach, it was originally built to be a port of the city. However, after a renovation, and has shops and restaurants, became the point with the most beautiful view of the sunset from Fortaleza;
– Beach Park: located on the beach of Porto da Dunas in Aquiraz (25 km from Fortaleza), it is the largest water park in Latin America. It has attractions for all ages, radical and infant. At the reception of Carmel Magna Praia Hotel it is possible to anticipate the purchase of your ticket, avoiding queues and thus taking advantage of even more fun that the place provides.
Discover the most beautiful beaches from Ceará: Morro Branco, Praia das Fontes, Mundaú, Lagoinha, Jericoacoara, Cumbuco, Canoa Quebrada, Águas Belas, among others. In addition, it has a “City Tour” for the Fortaleza. Contact our reception.
The cuisine of Ceará has a large variety of tropical and exotic flavors, ranging from gastronomic delights of the interior to the beaches, expressing a cultural mix with Portuguese, African and indigenous roots. Along the entire length of the coast you can find a very diverse menu offering dishes with shrimp, crab, lobster, oyster, corned beef, assorted fish, peanut candy, tapioca, sweet cashew, among others.